DeArmond.net

Thoughts, adventures, projects, and photography by Shawn DeArmond

Monarch on Butterfly Bush Macro

September 22, 2007 - 7:39am -- Shawn

Monarchs are probably my favorite butterfly. I'm sure there are prettier I could choose, but there's more to it than that. I like them because they're locals, and they just look like they're cruzin' for a good time when they're flying. They really belong in Santa Cruz.

This photo was taken with my 100mm f/2.8 macro lens, which lets me get as close as 1 foot to the subject... that's one foot from the plane of the sensor. The lens is about 6 inches long, so the front of my lens was about 6 inches from this butterfly. He didn't seem to care. ECCO has this lovely butterfly bush that the critters just adore. I parked myself in the middle of it and wait for what comes. I'll post a few more shots of the various critters who were partaking of this butterfly bush. One morning, I was visited by the most perfect huge butterfly (this one). That afternoon, I was visited by one that was considerably beat up. Could have been the same one, I suppose, if he ran into an uninformed bird.

Birds will sometimes go after a monarch, but only once. Monarchs, being poisonous, don't taste very good to birds. They're unlikely to kill a bird, but the bird will probably avoid large orange-and-black butterflies from then on.

Comments

Awesome click.also i like some social topic blog this is really awesome every Instagram users are wants to followers on instagram profile,
how to make free instagram is not a big issue you have to see some strategies for make free instagram appears on your instagram account.

Submitted by Robinson on

Butterflies is one of the best Creation of GOD butterfly is in multi colors http://www.essayyard.co.uk/write-my-essay.php they are found in beautiful gardens where's environment is fresh
its small in size but they can see with our naked eye, its very beautiful.

Some author is really amazing but we will take care of something really unique in order to keep looking for a good success full life but we need to consume something amazing in a good ways during something better in our life to cover something good

Submitted by gta 5 money cheat on

With the xbox app create your own gaming communities with clubs on xbox live http://xblivecodes.net your xbox live community start party chats launch in to cross.

As this cool game is the homepage of mathematical background for the kids and make things easy for junction of the game that make this cool maths very dependent and in math background in which people win a lot of hearts through this maths game of the kids

Submitted by jennifer bishop on

I went to a place like a recreation center only for monarch butterflies. Their natural surroundings is presumably somewhere where its hot and tranquil like http://www.finestassignments.co.uk/ yet I am not saying you can discover them there but rather it's most likely a decent populace over yonder of monarch butterflies!

Submitted by Micky on

I am a student of zoology and i love to spend time in reading stuff related to my studies on the internet. This post is very informative for me which is about Monarch on Butterfly Bush Macro. I will must recommend others to visit here and read stuff here.
Buy gymnastic mats from http://gymnasticmatsuk.co.uk/

Monarch on Butterfly Bush

Comments

Submitted by Robinson on

its small in size but they can see with our naked eye, its very beautiful.

Submitted by gta 5 money cheat on